Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Ceiling Fan - Will This Work (UPDATED)

cjw3

Ceiling Fan - Will This Work (UPDATED)
« on: December 19, 2018, 06:00:17 pm »
Screwed up by remembering the results of the IR / RF Test incorrectly - ends up I need both IR and RF blasters in a single unit.  So instead of the Sonoff it sounds like I should look at the Broadlink RM Pro+ RM33 model, since its database is the largest I've seen and should apply to every remote item in the master bedroom (IR and RF).
--------------------
Echo Dot 2 (second one in the master bedroom) / Hampton Bay ceiling fan being controlled by a remote ( Hampton Bay LCD Display Thermostatic Remote Control / Model#  60001).

Want to add the Sonoff (EACHEN IR) WiFi-IR Remote IR Control Hub Wi-Fi (2.4Ghz) Enabled Infrared Universal Remote Controller to allow for voice control for the fan and our window air conditioner (sold by Amazon and stated to work with Alexa). 

So many are using the BOND unit as the way to make this happen but too expensive for me / will this work in its place?  Sure sounds like it should to me but asking those with more experience. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:23:36 pm by cjw3 »

Re: Ceiling Fan - Will This Work?????
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:03:13 pm »
don't know if it will work or not but if amazon sells it, it will say if it is alexa compatible in the description or specifications.  If it don't say, then most likely it will not work. 

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 05:15:51 am »
Reviewing the methodology that the BOND unit is using, the same logic should apply to the setup I am questioning (in my limited but reviewed knowledge).  Been very pleased with the Sonoff items we installed over the past few years (always working as On/Off units). And by the way, Amazon isn't the best source for if products will work with their products).  But thanks for the reply.

actually Amazon is the best source to find out what is compatible - if they sell the device. 

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 04:19:09 pm »
Amazon does sell this item marked as EACHEN IR Control Hub Wi-Fi(2.4Ghz) Enabled Infrared Universal Remote Controller For Air Conditioner TV DVD Using Tuya Smart Life APP Compatible with Alexa Google Home IFTTT (IR-DC6)  /  Everything sounds identical to the requirements for the BOND unit but I do not see loads of users flocking to this much cheaper possible solution.

so you see every single sale???  and every single user??? or are you really the seller????