Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

British Echo - can I use it in italian now that the language is supported?

tampano

As per the over descriptive subject...I have an Echo purchased and used in UK where I live.
I'm italian...and now that italian language is supported...I'd like to know if there's a way to use my Echo in italian. The documentation around is not completely clear.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance
tampano

Re: British Echo - can I use it in italian now that the language is supported?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:32:38 pm »
you might, go to settings, device name, click on language.  If it is there, you can give it a try.   If there is not a selection, then forget it.  But if you are able to, there could be limitations.    I remember when I first got my echo, I tried changing from us to uk english.  I had to change back because a few things did not work properly for whatever reason.  Its been so long, I forgot what the issues were.

jorge

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 06:14:53 pm »
what version of echo is ?
For example, only the last versions of the products on sell in spain can be configured in spanish

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:35:31 am »
This language selection and region/country limits in Alexa setting really need an overhaul imo.

It doesn't make any sense to me why all features can only be enjoyed by people living in USA.

Once you change your language or anything else other than USA then you are screwed.

It's a fatal flaw in user design if you ask me.