Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Bible Reading Skill

brazil_nur54

Bible Reading Skill
« on: November 04, 2018, 10:34:01 am »
Is there an Echo Skill that reads the Bible? I have found a few audible books but none that do what I need. I would like to be able to say: "Alexa, read John 3:16" or "Alexa, read John chapter 3" or "Alexa, continue reading the Bible from the point you last stopped". My mother-in-law is old and almost totally blind. Such a skill would be great for her. Thanks.

AlanH

Re: Bible Reading Skill
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 02:53:06 pm »
There doesn’t appear to be an skill that allows you to access a particular chapter of the Bible. Might be worth looking at the “Read the Old Testament This Year” skill.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 02:59:34 pm »
I just asked alexa to read a couple of passages from the bible and they were read.  for example, I asked alexa to read John 3:16. and it was read from the kjv.    maybe give that a try.  No skill needed. 

brazil_nur54

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 07:58:57 pm »
I just asked alexa to read a couple of passages from the bible and they were read.  for example, I asked alexa to read John 3:16. and it was read from the kjv.    maybe give that a try.  No skill needed.

It did not work. It looks up books in Audibles. I have listened to James Earl Jones version and it restarts it from the point I stopped it.

fstbusa

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 08:37:41 am »
The bible app by LifeChurch will do it.  You can't specifically get it to read a range of verses but it will read Mark 3 or Mark 3 verse 3 but cannot read Mark 3 verses 1 to 3.

I use it quite often.