Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Sometimes the tv speakers and other times it comes out echo.

Kempkalm

Sometimes the tv speakers and other times it comes out echo.
« on: November 01, 2018, 10:23:04 am »
Sometimes when we are watching TV with our fire tv and Echo the sound comes out the speakers of the TV and sometimes it comes out of the echo dot . Why is that and how can I control it?  So I can pick and choose which speakers I want to use?
Thanks

Offline jwlv

Re: Sometimes the tv speakers and other times it comes out echo.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 05:06:19 pm »
Are you sure it's not the Dot hearing something from your TV that sounds like "Alexa" or the wake word you chose and then responding to it?

Your TV's audio should not come out of the Dot unless you've: 1. connected it via an audio cable. 2. paired your TV's bluetooth to the Dot's bluetooth. And even if you did do these things, it doesn't just happen sometimes. Audio should either come from your TV or the Dot and it wouldn't just switch back and forth on its own sometimes.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 04:20:28 am »
you never did respond in the other thread and you said you have it connected to the echo which is different than what you are saying here.  maybe get your story straight and answer clarification questions when ask. 

Kempkalm

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 07:30:45 pm »
Hey don't be rude!!! Its amazing i found this forum and figured out how to ask anything. Im a senior with very little knowledge in anything tecky. I have not answered cause I did not see. Anyway yes the echo dot is paired to the tv. HOWEVER the sound does not always come from the Echo.