Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Transfer Amazon Music Unlimited to a Different Device?

Trevor Dennis

Transfer Amazon Music Unlimited to a Different Device?
« on: October 31, 2018, 05:18:17 am »
I started with a Spot, and put Amazon Music Unlimited on it.  I now have the Spot and two Echos, and I'd like to move the Amazon Music from the Spot, to one of the Echos.  I don't what to pay for the multi device option.  You'd think this an easy thing to do, but after weeks of searching,  I have not  worked out how to do this. 

At the moment I have cancelled Amazon Music, and when the month expires, I'll try and reinstate Amazon Music on the Echo I' like to to work on (in the kitchen).    If there is a better way,  I would appreciate a heads up.

I am in New Zealand, with an Australian Amazon account.

Re: Transfer Amazon Music Unlimited to a Different Device?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 05:18:43 pm »
you can deactivate the old device and activate it on the new device.  see if the following is of help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201379910

Trevor Dennis

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 04:38:10 am »
you can deactivate the old device and activate it on the new device.  see if the following is of help.

Thanks for the link.  It looked like it would let me do what I wanted to do, but there were time limitations that made it more or less unusable.  So I bit the bullet, and tried the Individual plan, and it was just what I wanted.  I can ask Alexa top play Amazon music on any of my devices for Oz$13.95 a month.  It was not easy to find that information though.  My only concern now, is that Amazon Music Unlimited, is not particularly unlimited, and I'm surprised at how many songs Alexa can't find for me.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 02:32:50 pm »

Thanks for the link.  It looked like it would let me do what I wanted to do, but there were time limitations that made it more or less unusable.  So I bit the bullet, and tried the Individual plan, and it was just what I wanted.  I can ask Alexa top play Amazon music on any of my devices for Oz$13.95 a month.  It was not easy to find that information though.  My only concern now, is that Amazon Music Unlimited, is not particularly unlimited, and I'm surprised at how many songs Alexa can't find for me.

time limitations?????  what do you mean?

Welchy69

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 04:30:06 pm »
Hi, I wanted to do exactly the same thing and swap which device I played my unlimited music account on. I ended up speaking to a customer service person who was very helpful and swapped my subscription over from my echo dot to my newly purchased echo plus. It was all done in about 10 minutes over the phone without having to cancel any subscriptions at no extra cost to what I was already paying which is £3.99 UK.