Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

No Live versions of songs

bergertime

No Live versions of songs
« on: October 26, 2018, 10:45:15 pm »
How can I prevent live versions of songs from playing when I ask Alexa to play a song?  I use Amazon Unlimited.

Offline kevb

Re: No Live versions of songs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 09:39:00 am »
you can try asking it to play the song from a specific album. The version of the song depends on which rights Amazon has at the time.

Re: No Live versions of songs
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 10:43:54 am »
This is probably the biggest reason I hate the streaming services. I pretty much don't care for many live versions of any music. I prefer Studio versions of everything from Beethoven to Metallica and all between. They took the time to get the songs "juuuust right" in Studio, and The Live ones rarely meet that standard. Having been in Music in a lot of my life, I just prefer the polished cuts instead. I wish ALL streaming services had an option to avoid Live music. I even went to the trouble to find and download and rip all the music I wanted on my iPhone and the Apple Music service dumped my versions in iTunes (because of the Apple Music service) and replaced most with some odd version that was not what I collected. They took the liberty of removing my exact version from MY collection and replaced with some obscure recording from a newer or "other" or remastered crap and destroyed 20 years of my personal Curating of what I wanted to hear. Amazon Music hasn't;t been much better as they only have rights to what they contract for as well as all the other streaming services. Back in the days of public radio, the same song was what you heard from all radio stations in the US, unless specified by a DJ when playing it. There were different "cleaned up" versions on air that were cut up versions of my album cuts, but I knew what was coming every time. Now I have no idea where these lousy cuts and live cuts come from, and I'm not ever going to get used to it. The "kids" in the world don't know what we lived through, and are losing to the millennial generation in this form. This is only one of many things that the empires of streaming have not considered or have not allowed for for past generations. I can deal with it. But it doesn't;t mean I/We have to love it.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!