Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Can't change language, empty drop-down menu

Can't change language, empty drop-down menu
« on: August 14, 2018, 11:21:35 am »
Hello everyone,

I've been using the Echo Dot for the past couple of weeks which was primarily set to English. I mainly switched back to German when I wanted to demonstrate some things and it worked perfectly without any issues. Today, I set up my new Echo Spot and after a first failed attempt, I eventually got it to speak English with me. However, I am now unable to switch the language back to German. When I open the Alexa app and tap on languages, the page it shows me is completely empty without a drop-down menu. There are no languages I can select from.

I've already deleted the app and installed it again. I also reset the Spot to factory default, but nothing is working. I just can't get a language drop-down list. I mainly need it when guests come over and for everyday use, I would like to keep it English, but I don't understand why it was working perfectly well with the Echo Dot but not with the Spot. Any ideas?  :(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:38:13 am by dreameater1988 »