Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Soundlink Revolve + and Amazon Echo Multi Room

temp_demp

Soundlink Revolve + and Amazon Echo Multi Room
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:57:12 am »
I have a Bose Soundlink Revolve + which is paired to my Echo Dot . I also have the Echo Plus ,and Echo Show . The Revolve + sound quality with the Dot is excellent when paired by Bluetooth with both my Mobile and the Echo Dot .

The problem is when I use the Multi Room music " Everywhere " to play on all the three Echo's , the music is only on the Dot and not from the Revolve + where it is paired. When I play music only on the Dot (without Multi Room Music) the Revolve + is active !! I have also tried to connect the Revolve + directly to the Dot with a 3.5mm Aux cable , bypassing Bluetooth .....works ,but the Bluetooth is disconnected. Also , the sound quality when on Bluetooth is better !!   ;)

Is a firmware update likely to resolve this problem ??

Please Advice ..
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:26:35 am by temp_demp »

iolinux333

Re: Soundlink Revolve + and Amazon Echo Multi Room
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 04:23:40 am »
I'm pretty sure I remember reading last year that you cannot do both Bluetooth tether to a speaker and multi room music simultaneously, that it is a technical limitation of Bluetooth, and it will never be otherwise. I'm pretty sure it was Amazon that said this. So you'll have to go wired, or nothing.

Edit: now that I think about it, the reason it can't work is because of the inherent LONG latency in Bluetooth.

30+ years of using Bluetooth and it's still crap.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:25:57 am by iolinux333 »

temp_demp

Re: Soundlink Revolve + and Amazon Echo Multi Room
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 01:10:32 am »
I'm pretty sure I remember reading last year that you cannot do both Bluetooth tether to a speaker and multi room music simultaneously, that it is a technical limitation of Bluetooth, and it will never be otherwise. I'm pretty sure it was Amazon that said this. So you'll have to go wired, or nothing.

Edit: now that I think about it, the reason it can't work is because of the inherent LONG latency in Bluetooth.

30+ years of using Bluetooth and it's still crap.

Many Thanks for your input !! Amazon should surely take this up seriously...Music streaming on the Echo System is used extensively ...and quality music needs the external speakers .