Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

TuneIn plays on phone not on Echo

NHarrison53

TuneIn plays on phone not on Echo
« on: June 02, 2018, 06:18:09 pm »
I purchased the echo so my blind mother can listen to the Detroit Tiger games.  I purchased TuneIn to stream the games.  When I ask echo to "Play the Detroit Tiger game" it says program unavailable.  I can play it on the iPhone that I run the Alexa app on and when I try to connect it using the Alexa app I get the same error.

mike27oct

Re: TuneIn plays on phone not on Echo
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 10:43:09 pm »
Tunein APP on the phone is not the same as the Tunein feature of the Alexa app and device.  Tunein on your phone is directly tied to YOU with a tunein account, and if you paid for premium tunein content that content cannot be heard via Alexa, because that is a free account and not registered to your own tunein account.

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 01:54:32 am »
I purchased the echo so my blind mother can listen to the Detroit Tiger games.  I purchased TuneIn to stream the games.  When I ask echo to "Play the Detroit Tiger game" it says program unavailable.  I can play it on the iPhone that I run the Alexa app on and when I try to connect it using the Alexa app I get the same error.
As Mike says tunein radio comes with Amazon Echo and is different than the tunein app on your phone.  For her to listen to the Tiger game, you would have to set up a sports radio station on the Echo that routinely broadcasts the Detroit Tigers games. So you would go into Music and then tunein and find a station that you know broadcasts the games and enter it so that she can call up the station at the time the game is playing i.e. Alexa play CKNW 980 Vancouver BC. 

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 08:19:37 am »
TuneIn is free right? I am baffled why you paid for a free radio? I tried your command having error too.

I Google the radio it airs for free. It works on TuneIn for FREE. Yes I need that emphasized. LOL.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:16:36 am by asianrocker »

AlanH

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 10:57:07 am »
The TuneIn Radio Pro app is not free. Neither is the Premium content you can access through the app.

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 08:55:20 pm »
I can never understand paying for music app you can get for free. But the OP specifically said he bought tunein for the Detroit games. When you can listen to it for free both in AM and FM radio not only on tunein.

In fact TuneIn basically just broadcast the AM station of the game. I tried to call the FM station, it still broadcast the AM one. Oh well.

I think all games are broadcast for free on AM radio though. I remember my husband tuning to an NFL game on AM radio in the car.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:41:54 am by asianrocker »