Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexapp registers in wrong Amazon store...

earthyli

Alexapp registers in wrong Amazon store...
« on: May 27, 2018, 08:48:36 am »
Hello,

Here is my issue... I have purchased an Echo Show and it is registered under US Amazon with my Amazon account. When I download the Alexa app, I first get it through Japan Appstore however it's registered to the Japan Amazon with my same Amazon account. So my Alexa app couldn't recongize my Echo Show device because it's regsitered into different Japan Amazon store. I tried delete the Alexa app and get it from US Appstore. However it still loads as japanese version and being registered to Japan Amazon.

I try to download the Alexa app from US Appstore into my wife's phone (never install the app). It works perfectly fine and is registered to US Amazon and then it could find my registered Echo Show.

Appears that my iPhone kept some info about the old Alexa app download so even I get it again from US Appstore, it still couldn't work. Does anyone know how to solve the problem please? If I could see my Alexa app registered in the Japan Amazon, could I move it to the US Amazon store?

Frankie

earthyli

Re: Alexapp registers in wrong Amazon store...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 10:16:58 am »
Oh, I find out why from Amazon's reply. Actually I am using the same Amazon ID and password accessing both Amazon Japan and Amazon.com. The support told me that they actually are two different account even though using the same ID. So I need to change to different password to both sites and then the Alexa app will register to the right store.

Frankie