Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Shopping List on Iphone locks up while shopping

CAH

Shopping List on Iphone locks up while shopping
« on: May 25, 2018, 10:56:27 pm »
I've been creating a shopping list using the Echo Show!  It is paired with my iphone 8.  When I call up the alexa app on my phone while shopping it immediately locks up and I can no longer scroll the list, or get out of the Alexa App without rebooting my phone.  I am being told by Amazon Alexa support that it is my carrier that is causing the problem - yet I can call, text etc with my phone while in the same store that the Alexa app locks up.  The carrier is AT&T, and i have 2 or 3 bars of service while in a store.  This has happened nearly everytime I've been in a store.  Does this happen to anyone else?   Any solutions?  I really like the ability to add items to my shopping list by asking Alexa to add to the list, but the inability to SEE the entire list while shopping makes it pretty useless!

smeg

Re: Shopping List on Iphone locks up while shopping
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 10:14:17 am »
Delete the app from your iPhone and reinstall it. Only thing that will work. Happens to me occasionally.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 03:17:00 pm »
if you cannot stop it from freezing, there are ifttt apps that will email or text the shopping list to you.

Steve1530

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 04:07:18 pm »
I am using an iPhone and it freezes almost every time when I go back to the Amazon Music window