Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Streaming music via BT to Alexa.. Ability to Play Everywhere?

rkylewhelan

Might be a stupid question but I haven't found the answer with the search criteria I've submitted up to this point.  If I am streaming audio to an Alexa enabled device can I then ask that device to stream it in the "everywhere" group?

I've got a Mac Pro streaming audio via BT to an Alexa Dot and would love to be able to hear that audio throughout the house..

asianrocker

Re: Streaming music via BT to Alexa.. Ability to Play Everywhere?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 09:27:47 pm »
Why would you downgrade your audio quality just so you can use your dot speaker?  :-\

And I would assume that everywhere is all your dot speaker in the house. That's a fail. Might as well buy a better bt or wifi speaker to stream your Mac music.

Seriously lots of people are not getting this echo music connection. Especially when to NOT use it.

dragon123

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 01:44:58 am »
Why would you downgrade your audio quality just so you can use your dot speaker?  :-\

And I would assume that everywhere is all your dot speaker in the house. That's a fail. Might as well buy a better bt or wifi speaker to stream your Mac music.

Seriously lots of people are not getting this echo music connection. Especially when to NOT use it.

Meh, I use mine the same way sometimes. I have an awesome 7.1.4 set in my living room but the power that consumes is quite a lot so when I'm doing chores the dot is plenty. In the kitchen when I'm cooking I also do not need better quality sound than a dot/show. Yes a good stereo set is better, but I don't want or need more speakers in my house, don't want to spend money on decent ones either so why would I?

I have an ex who was very very picky about music quality, he could also not stomach a burned CD. If you are like that, I suppose you could justify spending the money  ;)
But apparently I'm easily satisfied  ;D

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:48:45 am »
Dragon but why would you buy a lot of expensive speaker. Your expensive one can be loud enough while you are in the kitchen unless you live in a mansion.

As for the OP try mypod skill. That's how you can enable the play every where coz it can be played directly through Alexa. When BT is involved you can not do that.

dragon123

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 10:39:04 am »
Dragon but why would you buy a lot of expensive speaker. Your expensive one can be loud enough while you are in the kitchen unless you live in a mansion.

Sure, but I live in an apartment so my neighbors might complain, and like I said my 7.1.4 set consumes a LOT of power and I'm trying to keep my electricity bill down some!