Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Dot Support Escalation?

tomsmac

Amazon Dot Support Escalation?
« on: May 09, 2018, 03:00:48 pm »
Does anyone know how to escalate a support issue at Amazon Echo support please?

Re this issue (And I'm confident it's an Echo problem and/or but):
http://www.echotalk.org/index.php?topic=4020.msg20552#msg20552

Thank you.

mike27oct

Re: Amazon Dot Support Escalation?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 04:37:37 pm »
I needed to contact Amazon Echo customer support phone number yesterday.  I just googled for this, found it, called them and spoke with someone helpful.

tomsmac

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 05:47:37 pm »
I needed to contact Amazon Echo customer support phone number yesterday.  I just googled for this, found it, called them and spoke with someone helpful.

Yes, but if you take a peek at my link above you'll see I need to Escalate. Thx.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:31:09 pm »
Yea, I saw your link before.  Everybody wants their problem fixed yesterday, but things don't always work that way, sorry to say.  BTW. did you get them on the phone yet?

tomsmac

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:08:24 pm »
Yea, I saw your link before.  Everybody wants their problem fixed yesterday, but things don't always work that way, sorry to say.  BTW. did you get them on the phone yet?

I've been in Tech service for +30 years including TAC. I know exactly how it works. I don't want my problem fixed yesterday. I spent a great deal of time with the Amazon Customer service agent troubleshooting. She could not explain the problem. Then after spending over 1 hour on the phone with Apple we've determined iCloud was not the issue and I strongly agree.

Upon both Apple and I calling back Amazon to try to 3 way troubleshoot when the agent heard I had apple on the line he hung up. And you don't think that deserves an escalation? You think wrong.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 10:22:40 pm »
I never said it did not deserve an escalation and you did not give the detail here until now. You are in tech, and you shoud be able to figure out you need to speak with the next tier of support and how to be a pest about it with Amazon!  I was once in tech, too, and I know how to get results and go further if I need to.  No need to get pissy with me.  I was trying to help!