Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo setup

robert_johnson_2

Echo setup
« on: April 05, 2018, 03:38:43 am »
I'm new to Echo... This may be elemental but My question is 1. If I use my cell phone to setup echo once setup does my cell phone have to be in the home with echo for it to continue to work as I am away from home a lot but my wife is home, will Echo still function. 2. Is it possible to use Fire HD 10 Tablet for setup?

dragon123

Re: Echo setup
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 04:06:47 am »
I'm new to Echo... This may be elemental but My question is 1. If I use my cell phone to setup echo once setup does my cell phone have to be in the home with echo for it to continue to work as I am away from home a lot but my wife is home, will Echo still function. 2. Is it possible to use Fire HD 10 Tablet for setup?

You setup your echo on either a tablet/phone or laptop. Having access to both may come in handy for some advance setup.
You only need access to the alexa app or website when you want to change settings, or if you want to check if she heard you correctly, stuff like that. Other than that she'll work autonomously. You can use as many phones/tablets/laptops/pcs as you like for the app and settings, as long as for initial setup your device has wifi.

So just install the app on both phone and fire tablet is what I would do, and save the website on a laptop as well.