Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

specifying which of multiple echos to call when calling from diff house w diff a

jim928

QuoteModifyRemove

first..new to the forum and I posted this originally in tips and tricks but thought perhaps it'd get more views in this sub forum

I have 5 devices in my homes, all on my account and named for the rooms they are in.  My son recently put 4 echo dots in his home registered to his account and named for his rooms. 

If I want to drop in to, say, his "office", how do I ask Alexa to do that? Or I want to use my echo to 'call' one of his, how do I specify which device to call?  Right now I do a "dropin on Bob" (the name in my phone directory) and, for some reason, it drops in to his office....I'd like to be able to specify which of his echo dots to dropin or call.  Any help...couldn't find anything with an hour or so of googling.

Similar but different issue.
I setup an echo for my Mom, who lives in a different state.  It's registered to my account (she's 90 and doesnt have a smart phone but DOES love telling Alexa to "turn on the coffee":)

so this is a sixth device on my account.  If my son wants to call my Mom's echo, how does he tell Alexa to do it? Is it something like "Alexa, call Dad Mom"?  Where" Dad" is how my contact info appears in his phone and "Mom" is the name of my mother's echo?

I'd assume the issue of communication between two households ea with multiple echos and each house on its account is a relatively common situation, or will be.
Appreciate any help.

Papadilbert

I just posted the same question.