Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

ALEXA PLAYS SONG BUT THEN SAYS IT IS NOT IN LIBRARY EVEN WHILE NAMING PERFECTLY

marin

I am sure others have had this but I could not find it on forum so perhaps someone can direct me. I am talking about when Alexa definitely has the song and can play it, in fact she just  has and has told you what it is so there is no question of this being to do with exact titles or pronunciation.  Then asked for it again a few seconds later using her own exact formulation of what it is precisely, (which she then repeats EXACTLY RIGHT as when she correctly identified it ),   she denies   it is in library! This is nothing to do with mishearing, mispronunciation, regions or whether Amazon Music or Spotify, these are all  constants. It is more like a sudden kind of blindness. She will still play the song if you stream the artist and go NEXT till it comes up.

On a more general note I only wish Amazon would stop with the trivia questions and get Alexa to be a thousand times more savvy when finding songs. She is right now completely hit and miss , even a 'the' not included or included can throw her.

Offline jwlv

The problem with songs and artists is that a lot of names are intentionally misspelled.
Take for example Styx or Eminem or Klassic. Alexa would obviously hear Sticks or M&M or Classic. To compound it even more Alexa supports multiple audio streaming platforms and those results depend on what the other services return to Alexa on a search query.

On the other hand if you ask Alexa for songs or artists that are correctly spelled and easily identifiable such as Grateful Dead or Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson, I'm certain Alexa can find the exact song you want.

Laurel

I think there were some system wide glitches happening.  I would ask Alexa "play Deezer" and Alexa would say "I'm am having trouble finding that".  One second later I would give the identical request and Alexa would respond "playing Deezer flow".  Seems to be fixed today.

marin

Once again today Alexa refuses to play a song she has played many times saying it is not in library. Nothing to do with pronuniciation .  If I stream the artist (not a tricky one Elvis) she plays it and when asked what it is while playing it  she says it EXACTLY as when she denied she had it. So it can't be that. But Jwlv has a good point There are problems with difficult--to -spell titles and artists.And huge problems with versions where you get inferior versions and live version NOT the hit version. Is anyone straightening this out I wonder?. There has to be a way to catalogue versions so we can ask for say the original hit version, not some live version or retread? I imagine on this forum there will be loads about that. Can anyone direct me to it? 

Offline jwlv

I'm only guessing here but maybe some songs have expired and Amazon did not renew thier  license agreement with the music label.  Like on Netflix many movies and tv shows are removed after a period of time.

zaphod

or for example a playlist called "wakeup." no issues last year at all. now with zero changes to the environment, no other noises, still the first attempt it can't find the list. second it finds a song not on the playlist and begins. those songs played in error do not even have names that remotely sound similar. this morning instead of wakeup i got "sunday bloody sunday" U2. don't get me wrong i like U2, saw them at red rocks before they blew up but how does that sound like 'wakeup?'

it is typically on the third request for my playlist that i get what i ask for? so ask once, sorry i can't find...ask twice get something you didn't expect to,..and third times the charm in a manner of speaking. fyi i even go to extremes to enunciate clearly, not so easy a task before the caffeine kicks in.

whining a tiny bit ;)