Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Smart Things Hub??

leehop71

Smart Things Hub??
« on: February 22, 2016, 10:20:12 am »
Getting into the home automation full speed, would there be any adavantage adding the Smart Things Hub already having the Philips Hue Bridge and the Echo, or would it be serious overkill?

arlefty.2a

Re: Smart Things Hub??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »
If you are using at&t uverse you might want to wait a bit. There is a connectivity issue with the smartthings router that might cause some headaches and require resetup of your hue

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

leehop71

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 05:53:16 pm »
If you are using at&t uverse you might want to wait a bit. There is a connectivity issue with the smartthings router that might cause some headaches and require resetup of your hue

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I use Comcast for my ISP with the Blackhawk Nightgear.  Hindsight tells me I should have just bought the Smart Things hub to begin with instead of the Hue.  Live and learn.

fstbusa

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:54:08 am »
I'm not sure about the hue hub but I have the ST hub and I love it... the range of sensors and other things available for it is awesome!

GadgetGirl

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 10:29:52 am »
I am just getting into the smart home thing too! I like the Smartthings hub and will probably purchase this when we move into our new house. But I also like the Philips Hue light bulb system. How can I get the same Hue effect with the Smartthings system . I'm still a little confused.

victorytea

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 01:00:14 pm »
Can the Hue hub be used by the echo to change the tint of light?

fstbusa

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 08:31:16 am »
I am just getting into the smart home thing too! I like the Smartthings hub and will probably purchase this when we move into our new house. But I also like the Philips Hue light bulb system. How can I get the same Hue effect with the Smartthings system . I'm still a little confused.

Here are the products that work with the ST hub.  It appears a few of the hue bulbs work outta the box... there are tons of other devices that work with ST that have been made to work by the ST community writing device handlers for them....

https://www.smartthings.com/compatible-products