Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

To Confirm Press 1

deweyecho

To Confirm Press 1
« on: March 09, 2018, 02:57:26 pm »
I use echo connect with our VoIP telephone system.  Works great for making and receiving phone calls.  The problem I have with it is when a doctor office calls to confirm an appointment.  The recorded message says to press 1 to confirm.  I haven't figured out how to do that.  If I pick up the phone and press 1 nothing happens.  How can I get Alexa to send a 1 tone? 

iolinux333

Re: To Confirm Press 1
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 01:38:53 am »
It's an issue I used to have with Google Voice. Google eventually added a keypad with Touch Tones that actually worked, solving the issue. Amazon is hopefully working on a fix, hopefully through voice control.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 10:39:31 am »
The doctors offices are all behind in technology. It should have been fixed on their end a few years back. Call any phone or cable company and they always ask you to say or enter a number or phrase. Something as simple as YES or NO can navigate a lot of menus. A lot of phone systems offer that and the people that charge the most per instance of service should have the tech up and functioning. Yeah... between Dr's and Lawyers, they have the highest cost per interaction of most any service around. They can afford to invest a few extra dollars to make things good in the world. If they can't afford it their terrible management issues are theirs to deal with. Sadly, not many doctors have much tech around except where it conveniences them and only them (and their staff). They say they CARE, and it's why they are doctors... and they. couldn't prove it to me.

And of this rant... on with the next - - - -

I am about to change primary doctor due to the fact my cheap assed doctor quit taking credit card payment at visits. They want cash or check... what kind of crap do you have to see/put up with before you move on?
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

k9kids

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 08:30:43 am »
You seem to have answered your own question.