Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Harmony and Alexa not working because of only English US and UK support;-(

robert66

I can't use the harmony skill because of the remark, afteren enable the skill: only support the English for the US and UK.
Is there any other option to get my Alexa echo working with harmony? Or are there other options, without harmony, to give instructions to my television with Alexa? Like next channel, volume up, etc

dragon123

Re: Harmony and Alexa not working because of only English US and UK support;-(
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 10:22:35 am »
What country are you in? If you're in a non-official alexa country, just set your account to US (or make a new one), including a US address on the website under devices/settings (!!), and set your own adress in the alexa app for local weather and stuff. Then you have basically all skills (except local stuff).

Another problem with the harmony skill might be that you need to have the harmony app in english, your phone language, everything. Apparently Logitech thinks only users in UK/US use a harmony hub.....  >:(
So if the above doesn't fix it for you, follow these steps:
* Amazon account set to US (including that address on the amazon website, very important).
* Telephone set to language US, Time -5, location off.
* US logitech account based on a gmail account.
* Logitech Hub configured based on this gmail account.
* Logitech account in app set to UK.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:38:43 pm by dragon123 »

robert66

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 11:46:10 am »
in the Netherlands..I can see the skill, but that's not the problem. The problem is indeed the second part you mentioned.

dragon123

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 12:37:33 pm »
If you're Dutch, the same applies as I typed here:

Finally we can use Alexa in the Netherlands. But I can't use some skills, like Sonos and Yonomi because Alex gives me remark : You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geogpraphical restrictions. When I look at Amazone.NL I don't see any skills at all. That's probably because my country has been set to the Netherlands. Any idea what I can do to make it possible to use the skills, or do I just have wait to this skills are also available in the Netherlands?

Just set your account to amazon.com with a US address and be done with it.

Alexa is useless for local stuff in NL right now, and probably will be for some time. US has all the skills. I tried DE and UK too but US beats everything, especially if you have a spot or show as all visual stuff seems to be US-only ATM.

You can set your own address of any echo device you have so weather etc will work, just set the account address to US (use the adderess of a large company or something).

For more Dutch stuff, read this: https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1650723/last

robert66

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 01:56:13 pm »
not the same issue, the harmony skill is there, but can't use it because of only for US/UK use. I tried with registration in United States, but still problems, the same remark.