Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Can't get Alexa to hook up to anything.

Can't get Alexa to hook up to anything.
« on: February 12, 2018, 10:04:29 pm »
I just got my new Echo Dot hoping to have it control my logitech harmony hub along with my vivint security system with my nest thermostats. I got alexa set up and it seemed to work fine doing things like giving me the local weather and playing songs. I have my harmony hub working great through the harmony app on my galaxy S7. I found the skill for harmony on the alexa app and linked it to my harmony account and it said it was linked. When I try to have it discover devices it says it cannot find the smart hub. I looked on the app and didn't see where alexa found it. I tried resetting the echo a couple of times in case I did something wrong and it does the same thing every time. I can normally figure this stuff out but this one has thrown me for a loop. Any help from you experts would be appreciated very much. I did talk to someone at amazon about my problem but that was a waste of time.  Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Can't get Alexa to hook up to anything.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:37:03 am »
What country are you in, what country is your alexa account set to, what country is your harmony set to, is your phone language set to english?
My Alexa stuff:
Echo Show, Echo Spot, 4 Echo Dots, Fire TV, Fire tablet,
Vobot Alarmclock, Logitech Harmony Hub, house full of Hue lights,
Ring 1+2 doorbells, Tado smart thermostat, Plex server.