Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

delete device name in app

rosschris10

delete device name in app
« on: February 06, 2018, 12:01:31 am »
Hi there,

I am sitting here banging my head on my desk.  I have messed up the device names in the app when i am trying to create a new contact on my partners phone it is saying there number is already linked to account (one i have created accidentally and added there number to) however i cannot for the life of me see a way to deregister a device i have gone all through the settings no avail.  I have tried to create a new set up on my partners phone to the app but it wont let me as it says his number is already linked.  Is there a way to remove ALL device names so i can start afresh

Hockey_Magnet

Re: delete device name in app
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 12:49:57 pm »
your post is not entirely clear to me but to de register:

From the Amazon website, go to Your Apps and Devices.
 Click Your devices.
 Click the Actions button, and then click Deregister device. Deregistering your device prohibits Appstore purchases on that device, and disables the use of any app purchased from Amazon Appstore for Android and downloaded to that device. You can re-enable purchasing from the device by signing in to the Amazon Appstore for Android again.

You can do a hard reset of the echo as well and set it up again:

To reset your Echo device that has volume buttons: Press and hold the Microphone off and Volume down buttons at the same time until the light ring turns orange (about 20 seconds). It will then act like a new echo out of the box. But you should deregister it first if i'm understanding your post correctly