Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Newbie to echo

rosschris10

Newbie to echo
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:54:18 pm »
Hello everyone nice to meet you all

Just purchased my echo spot today after viewing them online and finally managed to get hold of one

Quick question I have the app on my phone etc am I able to view the camera on my phone when out

Also if someone calls my mobile can I answer it through the spot as I have it linked to my mobile

asianrocker

Re: Newbie to echo
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:24:28 pm »
I don't see why not. That's the point of call and messaging feature in the app right? Anyway reminds me. When we go away I use my 2 old phones as security cam. And since they have alexa on app now. My husband actually  told me to turn on light in the bedroom so we can see coz the room was dark when I check on it at night.

Imagine the magic of technology when we were in Canada, I turn my bedroom light on! and off! in alexa app. I also can do it manual but where's the fun in that. So I told my husband, there you go, magic of technology. I also of course can see what's going on in our room while away in another country! Woot.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:27:54 pm by asianrocker »

Hockey_Magnet

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 03:20:11 pm »

Also if someone calls my mobile can I answer it through the spot as I have it linked to my mobile
[/quote]

AFAIK you cannot RECEIVE calls from regular landlines or mobiles without the new echo connect device. So if someone simply dials your mobile from their mobile or land line, it will not come through the spot.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 05:50:34 pm »
as previously mentioned, spot will not answer regular phone calls.  the caller would have to be using the alexa app for you to be able to answer