Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot keeps stopping then restarting

Nisko

Echo Dot keeps stopping then restarting
« on: February 03, 2018, 05:08:14 pm »
Naturally, this happens to it while I'm listening to something - usually music.  It sometimes stops for just a second or two - and also stops for up to twenty seconds - but it always restarts.  It's only six feet from the router and I use the plug and brick that came with it.  I also connect the output to a powered desktop speaker set.  Have never tried it without the powered speakers - but I don't see why they would cause a problem.

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
Re: Echo Dot keeps stopping then restarting
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 09:27:55 pm »
have you checked your router settings?
Echo Dot @ SG

Nisko

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 04:07:43 pm »
Sure, but I don't understand what my router would have to do with this issue. Perhaps not enough power input to the powered speakers I have connected to my Echo Dot?

dragon123

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 05:05:12 pm »
Naturally, this happens to it while I'm listening to something - usually music.  It sometimes stops for just a second or two - and also stops for up to twenty seconds - but it always restarts.

Listening to music exactly HOW?
I know for instance if you play flac files using Plex the above happens, while mp3 files using plex play fine.

Nisko

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:08:26 pm »
It happens whenever I listen to "anything" on the Echo Dot.  I have no idea what format the sound is in.

picklebreath

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:53:48 am »
I get the same thing.
Echo DOT connect to Bose (bluetooth) on charger base and fully charged listening to TuneIn radio.