Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiroom and music acitivities

Jani

Multiroom and music acitivities
« on: February 01, 2018, 12:58:57 am »
Hi,

I have echo and echo dot. I don't understand how multiroom thing works and how can I change the way it acts.
If I play music in multiroom group and I told echo dot to play something else, how can I later get back to that multiroom music stream on echo dot which still streams in echo?

Here's another. How can I continue stream from one echo to echo dot? If I start listening music just from echo and I want that same stream from echo dot what do I have to say to Alexa?

Has anybody problems with music activities. For example If I say to Alexa: play babymaking music. Alexa answers: "I couldn't find any baby-making songs". It doesn't matter what acitivity I try it always answers that couldn't find ...

Jani

Re: Multiroom and music acitivities
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 02:47:29 am »
Still don't quite understand multiroom but Im getting close.

I found out that those "play music by activity" commands are not exact commands that should be used. I chatted with Amazon support and they told that there is no one exact way to play music that way. Sometimes you have to say to alexa "play music for party", or "play driving music". For example play music for party might work but play music for driving doesn't. Play driving music works though. That's kind of weird thing because playing music by activity works whenever playlist for that activity exists. If there's party playlist created by amazon it works, if there's driving playlist it works also but why in the earth user can't play different activity playlists by using same commands. That is something that I didn't understand.