Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Printing Alexa shopping list

Wsc

Printing Alexa shopping list
« on: January 25, 2018, 09:55:40 am »
Printing lists from Alexa is easy but you must do it from your computer, not mobile device. Using your desktop browser, go to Alexa.amazon.com   From the options on the left, select Lists. Your various lists will appear in the center of the page. Click on the one you want and it opens. In upper right corner is the print button. That takes you to your printer’s options. You can take it from there.

Laurel

Re: Printing Alexa shopping list
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:20:36 pm »
Wsc that is really helpful. Thanks.

Hockey_Magnet

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 05:50:09 pm »
Wsc that is really helpful. Thanks.

I highly recommend using Anylist - fantastic shopping list app that integrates perfectly with Alexa and allows printing from any device - superior to the built in app in every way.

coyote

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 09:00:52 pm »
Why print? Why not just integrate with todoist or something, take your phone shopping with you (which you probably already do anyway), and check the items off in real-time as you shop??

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 02:36:14 am »
I get my alexa shopping list sent to my smartwatch.  makes it easy to carry while shopping.  :-)  the only thing you cannot do is to check it off...

Pap Dot

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 10:43:16 am »
I like the printed copy when I am shopping by myself in the grocery store, as I ofter wander away from the cart, without taking the phone - a friend of mine had hers stolen from her buggy while she was wandering...  I could TRY to remember to always carry my phone in my hand - but I have not been successful...  Thanks for the great printing tip...

Offline kenf

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 01:36:48 pm »
There's a few IFTTT programs for this kind of thing.

I got the one that emails me the list when you ask Alexa "what's my shopping list"

I've got my phone, why use paper?

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 03:00:54 pm »
I like the printed copy when I am shopping by myself in the grocery store, as I ofter wander away from the cart, without taking the phone - a friend of mine had hers stolen from her buggy while she was wandering...  I could TRY to remember to always carry my phone in my hand - but I have not been successful...  Thanks for the great printing tip...

in my area, you don't have to leave the phone in the cart, they will take it out of your hands. 

Offline kenf

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 10:56:33 am »

in my area, you don't have to leave the phone in the cart, they will take it out of your hands.

That's a whole new level of dangerous neighborhood.

My phone is in my hand being used or in my pocket.  I try not to even put it on the table when I'm out, too easy to get up and forget it.  Never had a problem.

Maybe this is the real value of smart watches.  Unless the bad guys start chopping off arms to get the watch.

Drwoodr

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 12:09:16 pm »
I guess I'm lucky with decent wifi in my store and no one stealing a phone out of my hands, but I actually like the Alexa app for shopping. What I like about using the Alexa app on my phone is as you shop, checking off boxes removes them from your list, so you don't have to scan down a list to see if you missed anything. And my wife has even added things at home while I was shopping and they instantly appear on my list. Not sure if any of the 3rd partly list options do that on the fly.

ChiroVette

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 10:34:04 am »
I totally agree about AnyList, Laurel. Love that little app. It also has the bonus of being able to automatically group items into categories like Produce, etc., without me asking it to. Also, as Drwoodr says, you can also just use the Alexa app itself on your phone. But I really like AnyList.

Why print? Why not just integrate with todoist or something, take your phone shopping with you (which you probably already do anyway), and check the items off in real-time as you shop??

Definitely. I originally started jumping through hoops to get this done. I have an old Brother copy/fax/etc. that I can put on my network (wired, unfortunately, as it is an older but really nice machine). Then in the middle of muddling my way through I just opened my AnyList app and realized that all my Amazon lists are on my phone.

lol Printing lists is so 2016, apparently. http://www.echotalk.org/Smileys/default/grin.gif
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:38:49 am by ChiroVette »