Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Dot connected to receiver - low audio output

dsn0625

Dot connected to receiver - low audio output
« on: January 24, 2018, 04:13:47 pm »
I am trying to set my system up so that I can play music through my sound system that is hard wired through the house.  My Yamaha receiver has AirPlay but no Bluetooth. I tried to connect an echo dot using the 3.5 mm jack to RCA inputs (CD). The volume level was very low and when I tried to crank up the volume on the receiver the outputs tripped out. I can connect another device and it plays fine. I tried to adjust the volume at the echo but it made no difference. I guess I'll try a Bluetooth adapter next.

Any ideas as to why the hard wired connection doesn't work?

mike27oct

Re: Dot connected to receiver - low audio output
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 05:48:12 pm »
I do not have this problem.  One needs to use the AUX in if the amp has one.  If you don't have AUX any hi ;eve; input will usually work.  Phono is low level and will NOT work. I set volume control of amp at my typical listening level, and start the Dot at midpoint which is volume level 5, so tell Dot to set volume level 5 to start with.  I usually need to tell Alexa to set volume level 8 so the signal from Dot is high enough to match volume level of my many other inputs to amp as close as possible.
That's all there is to it..

Robertgeller

Re: Dot connected to receiver - low audio output
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:21:43 pm »
I have had the same issue with Amazon Music. I use an aux input. I find when I use the "Calm Radio" skill the volume is fine.