Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

I need Alexa in my Apple Watch

iolinux333

I need Alexa in my Apple Watch
« on: January 18, 2018, 05:30:59 pm »
I control a lot of my home through Alexa/IFTTT. When I'm out, if I have my iPhone I can use the app "Reverb," or even the Amazon app to pass voice commands.

Lately I've been going out with only my LTE enabled Apple Watch.

I just did a search and so far I don't see any Alexa enabled watch app.

Has anyone found anything?

mike27oct

Re: I need Alexa in my Apple Watch
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:06:21 pm »
Does the Apple watch install and use apps like an iPhone?  If so, contact Amazon/Alexa customer service and request an Apple app for the Watch.  I don't think any of us here can help you.
PS:  for now, bring your phone along, too.

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 07:26:59 am »
I saw a vid of geek who powered his house with alexa everything. I don't remember if he voice command it or not but his door automatically locks/unlocks and smart devices turn on/off just by his apple watch. LOL. It's really not the apple watch that does it but the GPS.  I will post here if I see it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:06:34 am by asianrocker »

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 11:33:37 am »
All I can get on my Watch are Alexa Reminders.

t2jock

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 04:40:22 pm »
iolinux333,

I have the same want.  I got a Series 3 watch for Christmas and it's nice to be connected even without my phone.  I've gotten one item, my August lockset to work via the watch & by voice, by setting up an Apple Home on my AppleTV with only one item, the lock.  This way I can at least unlock the door by voice when I want to.

Much of the rest is done by my SmartThings installation.  For example, when my phone gets within about 250 feet of the house, the locks automatically open or if I'm leaving they lock when it I hit that point.  I have routines setup that appear on the watch and let me turn lights on and off by press but not by voice.  I'm waiting for the new iOS Alexa app that fully supports voice commands and hoping that it will eventually have a watch incarnation.