Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon music and echos, which plan?

Jani

Amazon music and echos, which plan?
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:25:01 pm »
I'm confused about the music plans what Amazon offers. If I have two echos and I buy Amazon music with echo plan (3,99/month) am I able to play music with multiroom support?
Amazon says that:

"What is the Echo plan?
We know how important music is to Amazon Echo owners, so we created a special subscription plan just for them. For $3.99/month, listen to Amazon Music Unlimited on a single Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Look, or Amazon Tap. Amazon Music Unlimited has a catalog of tens of millions of songs, so now you can ask Alexa to play just about any song or artist. Think of Echo plus Amazon Music Unlimited as the ultimate personalized jukebox, with Alexa as the DJ. To start your free trial, just ask, "Alexa, try Amazon Music Unlimited."

/Jani

Re: Amazon music and echos, which plan?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 03:16:52 pm »
if you want to play in multiple rooms you need the unlimited plan.  the cheap plan is for one echo and one echo only. 

cdnirene

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:02:23 pm »
While Amazon Music Unlimited  has an individual plan or Family plan, Prime Music does not. So you should be able to play Prime music selections in multiple rooms. You would have to specify Prime music when you make your music request.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202108910

(I’m in Canada where Music Unlimited is not available. However, I am a Prime member and can play Prime music in multiple rooms.)

Jani

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 02:01:58 am »
Alright.

So if I buy (individual) unlimited plan it's possible to play music with multi-room support. Same music plays in every echo that I have right? I can't listen music for example from my phone or webplayer at the same time as echo is playing.

If I buy (family) unlimited plan it's possible to play music with multi-room support and it's also possible to play different music in different echos at the same time right? Also playing music from other device or webplayer at the same time doesn't matter (max. 6 devices)

If I go with echo plan it's possible to play music in one echo at the time. It doesn't support multi-room and I can't listen music from any other device or webplayer than echo.

Prime allows to use multi-room and it allows using devices and webplayer too. It's not possible to listen at the same time from echo and device x. There's also less music than in unlimited plan.

?

coyote

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 10:35:14 am »
I wish they would allow you to disable Amazon music as a default account on these. That way I could have pandora, and ONLY pandora, running music.... and I would not have to say “Alexa, play Pandora bebop”. I could then just say “Alexa, play bebop’.

It’s not an issue for me as much as for my significant other, who forgets to say ‘pandora’ and then gets frustrated when the music doesn’t work

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 08:27:14 am »
I would go with no plan. I want it all free. But that's me.

Jani

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 09:59:22 am »
I thought exactly the same way...few years ago when I was younger. :D
Now I understand that nothing is free and I have to pay if I want to listen music or watch videos.
But I would love to see Amazon Music or Spotify lot cheaper than it is now.

TennX

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 10:20:09 am »
Im cheep, pandora and tunein for me...dont have a itunes library but could u link to echo...

DroMike

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 06:56:35 pm »
If I have two echos and I buy Amazon music with echo plan (3,99/month) am I able to play music with multiroom support?

The strict answer to your question is "yes."  But it's also "yes" if you merely have a free Pandora account.  You can make a group out of multiple Echos if you merely have content to play on them.  In other words, Echo devices don't care if you're paying for a premium service or not, but they DO care if you have content.*  Capiche, paisan?

*The "Alexa" app group's setup defines content as "music and[/or] media."