Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Podcasts Are No Longer Working - Is it just me?

robjulo

Podcasts Are No Longer Working - Is it just me?
« on: December 31, 2017, 09:08:45 am »
I cannot get my echo dot or Sonos One to play podcasts.  For example, when I ask Alexa to "play the Dan Lebatard show podcast", the response is "I could not find the program the Dan Lebatard show".

Even telling it to play on TuneIn leads to the same result.

I've tried other podcasts, with the same result.  I know the podcasts are there, because I see them on the TuneIn app.

Any thoughts?

Laurel

Re: Podcasts Are No Longer Working - Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:46:27 pm »
I tried verbally getting the podcast you mentioned --no luck.  But on the website I could go to tunein radio and find zillions of podcasts under the category podcast, and I played one on animals eating what they shouuldn't at Christmas.  Not sure if I could have entered a particular podcast to search for it though.

robjulo

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 04:06:04 pm »
Thanks.  I figured it out.  I had to say the name of the podcast with the goofy pronunciation/inflection that Alexa uses for "lebatard".....somehow I stumbled across the pronunciation I need to use for his last name and once I said it like that, it came up.

I don't recall that being an issue before, but until I bought my Sonos, I've largely been playing that podcast through Google Home, which handles the normal pronunciation without issue.

I tried verbally getting the podcast you mentioned --no luck.  But on the website I could go to tunein radio and find zillions of podcasts under the category podcast, and I played one on animals eating what they shouuldn't at Christmas.  Not sure if I could have entered a particular podcast to search for it though.

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 04:59:43 pm »
That is interesting. My husband said I should try saying "Lebatard" a few different ways. I tried one different pronunciation and gave up lol.