Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

proper way to move currently playing music to another echo

ourecho

proper way to move currently playing music to another echo
« on: December 30, 2017, 10:30:12 am »
This applies at minimum to Amazon Music.  I have not found the proper phrasing to move what I am listening to from the Kitchen to the Living Room.  This could be a play list, a station, or a song.  I don't want to stop it and then start over in another room, I just want to switch which echo the sound is coming from on the fly.  Is this possible?  Bonus points to move it to a multi-room group.

DroMike

Re: proper way to move currently playing music to another echo
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:09:57 pm »
I have four devices at home myself and am almost completely certain you can't transfer your currently playing song from a single device to another or multiple devices (i.e., an everywhere group).   It just ain't happening.  You DO have some semblance of manipulation functions if you have your Alexa app opened (for me on my home PC - I'm not fond of the tinier smartphone apps).  At least there you can, in Spotify (if not Amazon Unlimited) direct music to various devices - phones, your kitchen, bedroom or living room Echo, your Ipad, etc.).  However, I realize this is far from what you're seeking. 

Not unlike the reasoning for using a single ("Echo") wake-word for all my four devices (that is, because what does it matter or why should I care where I am in my home when issuing an Echo command?), I'm now in the habit of telling an Echo to play "Everywhere" when I request a song (to three full-sized Echos, and not my single hi-fi challenged Dot) because if the sound is good enough to be heard at one location, why not automatically enjoy it everywhere?

Perhaps with this post refresh, at some point someone might advise of a software upgrade earmarked to make this a reality (right behind the ability to rename a device to something other than the four basic trigger words of course).

k9kids

Re: proper way to move currently playing music to another echo
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:44:49 pm »
I use Spotify as my default music player. I can play a song on my Tap, tell it to pause, go into the bathroom and tell my Echo to resume.

Same song picks up where it left off in the other room.

Been working that way for some time.