Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Spotify Playlist

Gohltogo

Spotify Playlist
« on: December 29, 2017, 05:42:31 pm »
I just got an amazon echo for Christmas and with it, Spotify premium. I don't really know how to use Spotify correctly, but i just save all the albums I like and play the whole list through the "my library" section. How do I tell alexa to play "songs" in my playlist? Or do I need to move them all to a playlist?

Drwoodr

Re: Spotify Playlist
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 07:09:05 pm »
Just experiment. You don't have to save anything in your library. To play a playlist, say "Alexa, play XYZ playlist on Spotify". To play a specific song, say "Alex, play SONG by ARTIST on Spotify". You can request an entire album. It gets to be second nature after a while. It's just frustrating when you request something that isn't on Spotify.

DroMike

Re: Spotify Playlist
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 08:26:38 pm »
DrWood is spot on (no pun intended).  I use Spotify Premium similarly and have encountered those results.  Now I DID find on the 'net about a week or two a very interesting article on how to ask Echo/Spotify to play certain selections with filters for year or years, main albums as opposed to compilations, just a whole group of interesting hints to integrate Echo with Spotify (or presumably Amazon Unlimited too).  It seemed extremely helpful if you wanted to weed out unwanted selections.  I'll see if I can't find it again and re-edit here to add the link.  I KNEW I should've bookmarked it...