Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Setting an alarm to play a specific radio station?

joolsyp

Setting an alarm to play a specific radio station?
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:24:25 pm »
Hi all, first time poster and Echo owner here.

I'm trying to get Alexa to set a morning alarm that uses a specific radio station on TuneIn (BBC Radio 5 or 6). No matter what command I use, Alexa either just sets a standard alarm or plays the station immediately.

A number of websites say this is possible but a conversation with an Amazon.ca support rep said you can only wake to individual songs/genres/playlists in Spotify etc. not a specific station on TuneIn.

Is this correct? A Canadian thing?

Cheers

Jools

StevenR

Re: Setting an alarm to play a specific radio station?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:17:08 pm »
Music alarms are a US-only feature. Amazon hasn't said if or when the rest of us will get it.

joolsyp

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 01:34:02 pm »
Thanks for confirming. Hope this feature comes to Canada soon.

Music alarms are a US-only feature. Amazon hasn't said if or when the rest of us will get it.

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 04:08:12 pm »
I am in Canada and have my Echo, 2 Echo Shows, and one Tap all registered to Amazon.com.  I have apk app Amazon Alexa on my Samsung phone.  I have an alarm on my Echo Show set to 9 AM CKNW 980 News Vancouver.  I set it verbally as I couldn't find a way to set it on the website or the app. i.e. "Alexa set an alarm for 9 AM CKNW News 980 on tunein radio".  Once I verbally set the alarm it does show on website and apk app.

Registering devices on Amazon.ca is not worth doing for me. They don't register Echo Show to be usable with photos etc.  I see no reason to switch to Amazon.ca which is a terribly overpriced business in comparison to what I buy on Amazon.com.