Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

cannot connect to wifi

ging2018

cannot connect to wifi
« on: December 28, 2017, 05:17:15 pm »
I cannot connect my Amazon Echo to a wifi SSID with an underscore in the name. Any help?

I also cannot connect to an SSID with MAC addressing despite me adding the MAC ADDRESS to the allow list. Any help?

mike27oct

Re: cannot connect to wifi
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 07:08:14 pm »
I DO connect my many Alexa devices to my network name with an underscore in it; both to the _2.4G and the _5G,  Format is MyNetworkName_2.4G (no spaces). You appear to have another issue.

The devices do not connect via MAC address.

Leo

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:03:01 am »
Hi, my Echo's MAC  was blocked in the security setting, just a thought, might be the same.

regards Leo

GA

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 10:31:21 am »
If you have MAC address filtering enabling, you may want to also look and see that you are not limited on DHCP addresses. I ran into the problem, where I ran out of IP addresses, because long time ago I never thought I would have so many devices in my home, so I limited my pool.  You may, if possible want to try disabling MAC addr filtering just to see if will connect, and also try resetting the router, after you put in the MAC address then check the log to see if it has tried to obtain IP. Just some ideas, I hope it helps. Good Luck.