Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexia calling - October Updated version calling any number

gsuemnic

Alexia calling - October Updated version calling any number
« on: December 28, 2017, 11:10:48 am »
For whatever reason the October Updated version of Alexia calling will not dial one of my cell phones. When I ask Alexia to call that 'contact' or speak that cell phone number Alexia responds calling... the green light spins and nothing happens. After a bit, I'm told the party is not available.
I'm able to call other phones, etc.

This number happens to be the only one I had set up for the original Alexia calling to cell phones were the app was installed.

To date Echo Support has disabled calling, then I re-registered. I also deleted the Alexia app from the phone. Same results

Seems like something is 'stuck' in the echo profile in the Amazon cloud!  What am I missing.  Support seems to scratching their head also.

asianrocker

Re: Alexia calling - October Updated version calling any number
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 11:18:27 am »
Are you sure that person did not block you? LOL, nvm you're calling your own cellphone? why?

gsuemnic

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 11:20:50 am »
The person is me, and I deleted the Alexia app on the phone ?

I'm referring to the latest version of Alexia calling that does not require the Alexia app like the first version.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 11:30:03 am »
The person is me, and I deleted the Alexia app on the phone ?

I'm referring to the latest version of Alexia calling that does not require the Alexia app like the first version.

Alexa calling does not need the app to be installed? how do you install it then? I never use this feature so didn't know about this. Have you tried call  and then tell the number by digits. Nvm, you did that, too. I'm no help, sorry.

Ok I googled you need the  app to setup alexa calling. You also need your phone number .

I Google coz I really thought you don't need a phone number for this anymore.

Maybe you were misinformed I don't know why you deleted your app in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:42:44 am by asianrocker »

gsuemnic

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 12:04:23 pm »
The app is on the cell phone that is registered to the echo. I'm trying to call another cell phone that was originally used with the original version of Alexia calling, back then it was a requirement.

According to support the app is NOT required on a device that is being called with the latest version of Alexia calling.  It would be if I wanted to message the device though

StevenR

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 04:07:58 pm »
The app is on the cell phone that is registered to the echo. I'm trying to call another cell phone that was originally used with the original version of Alexia calling, back then it was a requirement.

According to support the app is NOT required on a device that is being called with the latest version of Alexia calling.  It would be if I wanted to message the device though

Was the app on that phone logged in with a separate Amazon account account? If that is the case (I assume it would need to be for calling to have worked) then the mobile number for that phone is likely to be linked to the account and you should be able to remove the link by doing the following:

• Log on to the Amazon website with that account
  • Go to Your Account
  • Click on Login & Security
  • Click on Edit next to the mobile phone number
  • Click the Delete link next to the existing phone number

gsuemnic

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 04:23:42 pm »
Thanks,
The correct phone number is there, not the one I'm having issues with.