Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

ECHO will NOT show its Amazon_XXX signal on my wifi list

dj2k21

ECHO will NOT show its Amazon_XXX signal on my wifi list
« on: December 27, 2017, 08:21:06 am »
Sorry to admin if this is in the wrong place, ironically I got an error message when trying to access the technical part of the forum.. go figure!

I bought my mother the Echo Plus for Christmas and Ive spent over 6 hours in total on the phone to Amazon and my internet provider Virgin since..

Echo quite simply will NOT show it's amazon signal on my wifi list so that I can connect it.
I tried it in 3 other family members houses and it picked it up instantly (Amazon 07S) but in my house it shows absolutely nothing apart from my own Virgin media signal and some of the neighbours etc.

I've re booted my router about 30 times
I've turned off every other laptop, Phone, TV etc in the house
I removed all of my security, fire walls, passwords and renamed the dual band to 2.4 and 5ghz respectively.

nothing works!

Amazon themselves have said they've never ever come accross the issue before.
Virgin are saying its nothing to do with them as the amazon hub should be giving off its own signal for the Echo to then connect to on the app if that makes sense.

I'm literally pulling my hair out over this and im very annoyed indeed! how it can simply work perfectly anywhere else but my house?

if anyone has any information or help you'll be an absolute hero for helping me get this to work before it goes back to amazon!

kind regards

Re: ECHO will NOT show its Amazon_XXX signal on my wifi list
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 10:30:11 am »
If the phone does not recognize the Echo device, it's definitely not Virgin that's at fault.

I have seen a few people over the course of the last 4 months or so have similar issues. Some have found that the devices can be too close together, and require some space. Not sure what that does, but just moving the device and the phone into different rooms can help at times. This is not a sure thing, but one possible way to help the two communicate. Once you have them communicating make sure they both are on the same frequency. Newer routers are often set up from the factory with two frequency network signals. One is 2.4 ghz, the other 5 ghz. Make sure all of it is on the 24 signal if given an option.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!