Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa coming out now on Non-Amazon Devices

Maff

Alexa coming out now on Non-Amazon Devices
« on: January 10, 2016, 06:58:24 am »
Looks like non-echo devices which include Alexa capabilities are starting to come out. The first one is called Triby & is basically a magnetic fridge radio. It's already on sale worldwide, and will get alexa via an update shortly. Unless we end up with a situation where the update is withheld outside of the US, I'm starting to get a little hopeful that Echo might actually start to get updated to work outside of the US (I'm in the UK). Simply as I would imagine that confining prospective manufacturer customers also to just the US will most likely hamper uptake of their cloud alexa capabilities they are really pushing now. I'm quite exited at the prospect of buying a bedside clock which includes alexa, linked in with my existing account. Also would like that in my car. It's all getting closer to Jarvis very quickly :-) However I'd settle for just being able to get local news and weather on the device I have owned for ages first!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:00:40 am by Maff »

groo1322

Re: Alexa coming out now on Non-Amazon Devices
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 02:42:05 pm »
I would love to see a car GPS with Alexa, a data plan and blue tooth. Voice control for setting the GPS to find restaurants, gas stations, and other destinations. Playing music. Just asking questions for entertainment as you drive.

Yes I know about OK Google but have had limited luck getting it to work completely hands free very well.

JoelD

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 05:58:58 pm »
If you live in Chicago, Houston, New York, Austin, Charlotte, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Indy,Jacksonville, LA , Philly, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Fran, San Jose, Seattle or DC, you can find local news reports, just search Virtual News Center in flash briefings. 

k9kids

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:57:19 pm »
Triby has been on sale at Amazon for quite some time. Only for Prime members. $101.00.

Reviews Back in April weren't too kind.