Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiple echo dots won't communicate with smart home

Drdjangomango

Multiple echo dots won't communicate with smart home
« on: December 23, 2017, 06:36:27 am »
Have 2 echo dots - one in the kitchen and one in the living room. I have nest, hue lights and tp link plugs installed and working with the dot in the living room. However when I ask my dot in the kitchen it states that that I have no smart home devices installed and to go on the alexa app which I have and all my devices are listed.

Any ideas to fix this? Surely I control my devices from more than one echo?

Any help much appreciated :)

Offline jwlv

Re: Multiple echo dots won't communicate with smart home
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 06:53:39 am »
Sounds like the Dot in the kitchen was set up using a different account. If you have an Amazon household that's shared with members of your home, the Dot should/must be set up using the main account. If it was setup using a family member's account, it'll still work. But things like smart home devices, prime music, etc. will not be available. If that's the case, then you must deregister the Dot and set it up like it just came out of the box with your main account.

Drdjangomango

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 07:37:49 am »
Thanks.  :)I realised my other half had swapped the accounts on the kitchen dot so couldn't access smart home devices. Now back to mine it works. Bit annoying that you can only access smart home stuff from one account even if though she is in the same Amazon household. Kind of defeats any use of having separate accounts if you have to swap to turn on the lights! >:(

Drwoodr

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 08:20:12 pm »
I use 2 accounts, and both accounts control my wemo switches without a problem.

Snakeyes

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 07:19:00 am »
Same here. I have the original Alexa linked to my wife's account and 2 dots linked to my account. All of them communicate with my SmartThings hub, Phillips Hue hub, Nest, Wi-Fi thermostat and Romba with no issues. However I do have to establish separate Alexa routines and scenes for each account. I have yet to find a way to synchronize these Alexa routines between the 2 accounts.