Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Music files

grahamb

Music files
« on: December 13, 2017, 06:37:41 am »
hello all, i asked yesterday if i could connect my echo to my desktop pc to play my music files stored on there, i had the reply that said i could, but would have to have the correct software, to enable me to use voice commands. unfortunately they did not give any details of what that program was, or if there were alternatives. i hope that anyone can give me more advice with this issue. many thanks.  G D B.

Alpha Bitch

Re: Music files
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:04:21 pm »
I replied to your original posting......

I have a DOT 2nd gen.  through BT I listen to music on my Mac w/voice activation using iTunes.  I store all my music there.
If you are using Windows, there is iTunes for Windows:  https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Scroll down to the bottom of the page & click on the "Get iTunes for Windows" link.

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 08:49:20 pm »
Hey, that was me that replied to you. LOL.  I did not give you the software coz I don't think it's right, that you need to pay just to voice command a music.

And most fortunately for you, I found out just  NOW, you can use Cortana flawlessly!!! to voice play music files on your PC!!!! So go ahead and explore the awesomeness of Cortana. Hope you have a built in mic, if not hope you have an external mic.

Guys please forget Alexa if you want to voice command something from your PC. How in the world can you guys not know about Cortana?? Windows has its own AI, why in the world would you use another AI when Windows has a built in AI, which FYI is - Cortana(!) ? I don't get the logic in that..  :-\

Why are you people making it hard on yourselves?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:11:05 pm by asianrocker »

grahamb

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 11:06:04 am »
hi asianrocker,why would i need another mic. i am trying to voice control from my ECHO

grahamb

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 11:10:54 am »
hey does anyone ever read the messages on this forum??

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 04:31:59 pm »
Yup!