Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Problem with remote control

rincon0410

Problem with remote control
« on: December 02, 2017, 11:46:16 pm »
I recently purchased echo plus which sounds great. I had purchased the Amazon remote to avoid talking and play next song, raise volume and other functions. I use it while playing Amazon music as well as when I had my phone connected via Bluetooth.  it worked great with my other echo. when I paired the control to echo plus and I try to press the bottom for next song it always asks me  "what would you like to play next?" and I do not answer it disconnects my phone. any ideas as to how to avoid this very annoying question?  I just want to be able to play the next song without having to say anything.

asianrocker

Re: Problem with remote control
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:24:33 am »
You are 1 in a million. Most people here wants to use voice to control everything on echo than click their remotes coz who does that? When you own the echo and WHY you bought the echo.  ;D

Which begs the question? Why you even bought it? I would guess for speaker? As for remote I actually thought you can only use 1 remote per device? Maybe that's why you have that response. Meaning that remote won't control your echo plus as far as I know.

louiscar

Re: Problem with remote control
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:03:34 am »
...  next song it always asks me  "what would you like to play next?" and I do not answer it disconnects my phone. any ideas as to how to avoid this very annoying question?  I just want to be able to play the next song without having to say anything.

It's much much worse than that and here I speak for the Echo dot specifically.

Firstly when you connect your Dot to a bluetooth speaker the range the speaker works is reduced to a tiny range without stuttering.
Even then when you use anything on the remote you'll get a stutter for 4 to 6 seconds at least. So despite the claims this isn't capable of gracefully handling a speaker as well as the remote.

Secondly and this has to be checked with any echo but I only have the Dot, even with the Bluetooth speaker disconnected there is a serious problem with using the mic and any continued interaction with Alexa and possibly some or all skills that require it. Eg.

Playing True of false - after a while the echo will turn off after one of your replies and just die the quiz will end or she'll just keep say "just say true or false " whatever you say. Even with no skill, just interacting with Alexa it seems to eventually happen. I tried this with one other skill "yes Sire" - I was unable to get past 3 or 4 question / answers before it failed. In one case I had to reboot the echo which was odd.

Why did I get the remote? Thought it would be good to leave the Dot in the bedroom or living room and use the remote to communicate. It's useless for this and Amazon sent me another one just in case the first was faulty - it not.
Maybe others have had better luck I simply gave up. Maybe they'll improve the device but from my pov it's not worth the hassle.