Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

SiriusXM, Howard Stern, and multi-room disappointment

rhowe004

SiriusXM, Howard Stern, and multi-room disappointment
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:04:58 pm »
Ok, just thought I'd throw this out there to see if maybe someone else shares my exact frustration and/or knows something that maybe I don't. Here it goes!

Over the summer I bought a Dot and upon learning about multi-room listening I bought an Echo on cyber Monday. It arrived today and was excited to try it out. My wife and I are huge fans of Howard Stern and have the SiriusXM app on our phones. We download each show via the app and listen at our own leisure together. There have been countless occasions where I am in one room and she is in another and we have to crank up the volume on our Bluetooth speaker and think, "Man, I wish we could each have a speaker in each room so we can both hear the show." Well today I thought the answer to that wish came, but alas, it did not. I found out the hard way that SiriusXM is not yet available for speaker groups/multi room. A Google search told me that this is "hopefully coming soon".

Ok, fair enough. I'll wait for the Sirius skill to catch up. But here's another problem. Even just listening with one Echo device, I can only listen to Sirius channels live. If my wife and I want to listen to yesterday's Stern show from the beginning, we can't. We can only listen to whatever happens to be playing on Howard 100 at the time because Sirius is being controlled through the Alexa app.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hopefully someone out there might have a suggestion. I just wish there was a solution to this. Like, if I said, "Alexa, play the Howard Stern Show from November 13th".