Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Cannot stop music once playing radio

Seandaytona

Cannot stop music once playing radio
« on: November 26, 2017, 01:57:13 am »
I had an Amazon echo first gen, and I have 2 dots. Recently got the echo plus and all is well, however I start the radio as normal but when I state Alexa, stop as I do on the echo and dots the light ring spins and the music carries on playing..... Any ideas? I've tried all sorts of commands and nothing seems to work. I think it believes the radio isn't playing as if I tell it to pause it states it can only do this whilst it's playing music.... Any ideas or help?

Laurel

Re: Cannot stop music once playing radio
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 12:53:38 pm »
We are finding the same, and this is new.  I can say "Alexa off, Alexa stop, Alexa dismiss" and none will work consistently.  I have to say "Alexa Home" to get the music to stop.  I will report it to the powers that be.

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 01:25:36 pm »
I just wrote it up and sent it on the Amazon Alexa site.  Will let you know what the techs say.

Seandaytona

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 12:26:09 am »
I just wrote it up and sent it on the Amazon Alexa site.  Will let you know what the techs say.

Thanks for the efforts, it seems to be working better now but now a pause of a few seconds after I say stop then it shuts down... Also finding the plus keeps hearing Alexa more when it's not being said... Genuinely think it's worse than the old echo!!

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:12:18 am »
LOL. Was watching a youtube video of someone who put alexa voice on his furby and named it furlexa. And my echo awakes on furlexa. Like really?

I literally just called my echo furlexa and it answers, wow.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 11:54:10 am »
LOL. Was watching a youtube video of someone who put alexa voice on his furby and named it furlexa. And my echo awakes on furlexa. Like really?

I literally just called my echo furlexa and it answers, wow.

Is yours one of the rare models... Alexa Sliver ???;D
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

louiscar

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 07:08:09 am »
... I think it believes the radio isn't playing as if I tell it to pause it states it can only do this whilst it's playing music.... Any ideas or help?

Must admit I encountered this recently and ended up asking "Alexa stop" about 5 times before it did actually stop. It appears to be intermittent as most times it does work but on several occasions 2 times were needed.
I speak for a Dot gen 2 here and I didn't report it yet but maybe I'll mention it now as I see others are having the same problem