Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Is the new Echo 2 deaf ?

Is the new Echo 2 deaf ?
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:31:20 am »
I have a dot, a old Echo and just bought a Echo 2, which is now in my living room replacing the old Echo. Since then, I have to shout to wake her up. To the point, my dot in the kitchen wakes up, and my Echo 2 which is less than 2 meters away doesn't... I am getting really annoyed and am thinking of sending it back and buying another old Echo instead... Also I read that the Echo 2 is better at understanding. Not in my house. More words are now misinterpreted, and a lot of times Alexa wakes up, I say my command, and it bleeps and goes dark and I have to wake her up again.
Very frustrated.

Re: Is the new Echo 2 deaf ?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 01:48:11 pm »
Turn the volume down, and it may take time for new Echo to complete voice training.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:31:52 am »
I thought all the voice training (via the app and editing the web history of alexa commands) would have gone onto the new Alexa too ?
What does turning the volume down do to improve her hearing/understanding ? Just out of interest but will give it a try anyway

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 01:28:49 pm »
mikee123, I have exactly the same problem with Echo 2.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 08:34:44 am »
2 months later, the problems are still there. by now, voice training should have been completed, especially with daily use...