Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Hook upto my Home Theatre receiver

craigzych

Hook upto my Home Theatre receiver
« on: November 23, 2017, 11:48:19 am »
Hi,
Im trying to figure out the best way to do this. I have a samsung tv, and onkyo receiver and an echo dot.
I mostly only use plex on the samsung tv so I usually only need to switch between those 2 inputs. Ideally I would like the dot and the tv to work simultaneously since I often use the home theatre receiver to play music throughout the home.

Does anyone have any good ideas to make one stereo play from 2 sources like that without loosing the surround sound?

Re: Hook upto my Home Theatre receiver
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:05:05 pm »
Logitech Harmony Hub will allow you to interface with the Audio equipment as well.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 01:23:04 pm »
The only way I know of and use is to use two inputs of receiver.  One input is from TV (which has a lot of inputs to video and audio), and another receiver input from the Dot's audio out.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 03:26:37 pm »
without knowing the model numbers of the tv and home theater, there is absolutely no way to tell you exactly how to set things up.  there is no way to know what ports are available.  or if they can even do what you want. 

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »
without knowing the model numbers of the tv and home theater, there is absolutely no way to tell you exactly how to set things up.  there is no way to know what ports are available.  or if they can even do what you want.

This is true... No true way to know. I was kinda banking on the OP to have a remote controlled Tuner Amp... I have a single output on my TV (Optical) that I run to my Audio system. It only need be in Digital mode when watching TV. The Audio output only plays what you have on the screen that way. If the Stereo is IR remotely controlled, I would still put my money on the Harmony Hub.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!