Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Simpler commands

Simpler commands
« on: November 23, 2017, 09:20:22 am »
This is just FYI. I only had one smart device - nest thermostat. And everytime, I have to say Alexa, set livingroom to [n] - for the longest time. I gave in to a hue starter kit that I really believe had a good deal on, thanks price match.

Thanks to my husband I found out all i have to just say now is  alexa, livingroom [n] - for temp settings. In fact I might just change that name to nest. Much shorter.

And as for lights. Just say alexa, room [n] - for brightness setting or alexa, room, on/off.

Ok playing with my hue lights, I found you can also do alexa, on/off, room command. But not for dimming.

Alexa replied sorry I can't find 50 bedroom. Bahahaha.

Have to say this simple commands have to be new coz I did try to just say the simple commands working now before. But the only command that seem to work is that long one.

Glad Amazon see the light.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:44:33 am by asianrocker »

Re: Simpler commands
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 04:04:11 pm »
you could have always given shorten commands.  you could even make them a bit longer if you wanted to be a bit more conversational.  but it is fun trying to do things different to see what works and what don't  :-)