Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

When dropping in from dot to dot I can't hang up!

Offline fb1

When dropping in from dot to dot I can't hang up!
« on: November 22, 2017, 09:00:31 am »
I don't know if this was a one time glitch as I've not been home yet to retry but I set up 2 dots and dropped in from one to the other.  It worked fine until it came to the point of hanging up.  I tried "Alexa, hang up" the good old reliable "Alexa, STOP!" and all sorts.  The ring wasn't turning blue with the "Alexa" prompt so obviously she wasn't listening ;)

Any ideas??
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:08:26 am by fb1 »

Re: When dropping in from dot to dot I can't hang up!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:28:28 am »
Have you tried "Alexa, Hang up drop in." ? ;)

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 04:39:23 pm »
I just tried Disconnect call and hang up call.  Both work.  Check HELP tab of amazon,com any time you are unsure of what to say for anything!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 10:45:36 pm »
I have the same issue... We have 2 Dots and 1 Echo device.  the person who initiated the drop-in can say "hang up", but the person on the receiving end can not hang up with any command.  I think this is a bug (certainly hope it is not a design feature..  ;) )   I would certainly like to know if anyone has an idea how to hang-up a drop-in call from the receiving end... Note - We have the latest version of the Alexa app installed, so there should not be a versioning problem.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:07:30 pm by cmstearns »

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:15:56 am »
I am having the same issue...no response from Alexa when I ask to hang up.  The green ring continues and my only option is to unplug and restart.