Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh and again Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh and again Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh
« on: November 20, 2017, 04:53:24 pm »
WTF - I have an Echo big cylinder jobby and two Dots (the little tin of beans size jobbies) and an Alexa with a TV and a loudspeaker that I just bought.

Worked fine until today.

IT WON'T BLOODY ANSWER TO "ALEXA"

And that means NONE of the little buggers.

The lights are on, but nowt happens when i say the word.

I can play music and it still shows all them irritating little half news stories and all that good shit - but I can't get her to reply to me. Reminds me of being married, know wot I mean !!

So, b4 you annoy me any gfurther by asking :-

Yes I HAVE turned it off and back on again.
YES I have checked my Wi-Fi and it is working fine and doing othyer jobs on my Main PC
YES it shows as being connected in Settings
YES the Bluetooth is on and working fine.
NO - none of my alexa devices show up on my device Manager

So, wot's going on, give me the real dope here - just one big Con Game like my mate says ?

Fun and Games.

Re: Aaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh and again Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 06:44:52 pm »
I think you may have enabled "Silent Treatment Alexa"... It's not normal for this to happen, however, I have had a day or two that things like this occur about one or two typical commands for one particular skill set... when all the rest of the normal commands work fine. I will be willing to bet that tomorrow you will wake up and some time during the day, everything will start working as you're used to it working.
My Alexa environment includes :
1 Full Sized Echo
3 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 Echo Dot 3rd gen, One with Clock
1 Echo Spot
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
5 Fire Tablets (1 as a control panel in Kitchen)
One Ring Doorbell Pro
Also 4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: Aaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh and again Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:52:29 am »
Some malevolent little oik of your acquaintance didn't change its name, did they?