Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alexa hears herself speak on Bluetooth

Alexa hears herself speak on Bluetooth
« on: November 08, 2017, 02:28:54 pm »
Loving my dot so far, but Iím having an annoying problem. When I connect it to my receiver(Denon AVR-S730H) via Bluetooth, Alexa can hear herself speak. This isnít all that noticeable when playing music, but when playing a game like Jeopardy where she is always on and listening it becomes unusable. Using the Jeopardy example, she will ask a question and then assume the question she just asked is the answer I am trying to give. I pretty much have to turn off Bluetooth on my receiver to break out of it.

Is this common with all Bluetooth devices or did I just get ďluckyĒ?

Re: Alexa hears herself speak on Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:08:44 am »
I would try to set the volume of the dot to 0. I actually don't know if it will  affect the volume of  your BT device though. That's strange. Also maybe turn off the echo on your speaker?

Nvm, I just tried on mine and it does affect the volume, oopsies. On 2nd thought, we don't have same settings so I guess you can try it I mean, what you have to lose.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:28:51 am by asianrocker »

Re: Alexa hears herself speak on Bluetooth
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 10:59:32 am »
I think Amazon recommend having the Bluetooth speaker some distance away from the echo. I think it's partly due to WiFi interference but also due to this issue.