Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Where is this feature?

malliekm

Re: Where is this feature?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 06:47:36 pm »
My elderly parents are also in our "Family Circle".  When I can't get them on the phone, it's nice to know they're out and about.  It's when they're HOME and not answering that is a concern.  And of course they can know where I am as well.  Like the poster above me, none of us have anything to hide and feel it's a layer of safety for our loved ones.  Now, my daughter on the other hand is a different story!  I don't know if she has anything to hide but she and her hubby are firmly against it (and AIs as well).  Course they're still at the age they think they're invisible  ::)

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 07:40:34 am »
Some of the folks who don't like the AI and especially the Calling features and drop in, just like their privacy and see it as encroachment on that aspect of their otherwise private life. It's really kind of funny how things really work though. Nowadays you can make a phone call on your cell phone and something that you discuss will end up as and Advertisement on Facebooks sidebar, even though you have never searched for that item or have no need whatsoever. With this post about nothing I will offer up that I watched a demonstration about this, where a guy with no cats, talked outside of social media about needing some cat food just to see what would happen, and within a couple of hours he pulled up his facebook page and there it was, an ad for Cat Food... Just a few conversations in his life outside Facebook and with no other searches for such things... I think some of the concern may actually be justified, however I don't think the majority of us would ever have any issues other than . ad targeting.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

asianrocker

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 02:12:44 pm »
My rocket science explanation is he must be logged in his FB when he did that video. Or he is using same email on his YouTube account. Or most likely our IP addresses are 'owned' by advertising world. Sign of the times.