Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Playing classical music on echo

LevoPinder

Playing classical music on echo
« on: November 05, 2017, 08:03:29 pm »
I know this question has been asked before, http://www.echotalk.org/index.php?topic=1027.0, but I still have a problem.

I have Amazon Music Unlimited, and I want to say something to my Echo 2, like, "Play Mozart's Requiem, K. 626, Bach Collegium Japan". By modern music standards, that's long-winded and uses technical jargon (like K. 626) but it is a completely standard way of talking about classical music.

I can't get it to work on the Echo.  It doesn't seem to be capable of listening to such long descriptions of composer / piece/ performer, and the example I gave is hardly the worst of it.  For some pieces, you'd want to add the year of the recording, or you might want to listen to just one movement, etc., etc.

Is there some standard approach to sorting out specific classical pieces with Alexa?

Thanks for any help!

malliekm

Re: Playing classical music on echo
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 08:17:09 pm »
Is it in D minor?  And is the word (that sounds like) "Songtoos" in the title?

iolinux333

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:15:16 am »
I've had the same trouble. The music corps want you to listen to hip hop. Are you sure you don't want to hear some African American music?

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 04:13:35 am »
if you are able to, create a play list, even if the playlist only has one song.  this way you can create your own title

mindmagic

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:20:46 am »
You can ask Alexa to "play album ..." to get the whole album. For part of an album, set up a playlist.

I was recently trying to get Alexa to play a few short pieces by Suk. She couldn't understand his name, even with each piece in an individual playlist; I had to take his name out completely and just use the name of the piece.

Jeff29

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 11:32:45 pm »
Hello Levo!

I posted the details of my foray into this specific area directly on the Amazon forum:

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/digital-content/amazon-music/2573-finding-songs-alexa-finds-difficult-to-locate