Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

New echo dot - error message when accessing settings -> devices

mwills

New echo dot - error message when accessing settings -> devices
« on: October 26, 2017, 08:32:32 am »
I have just purchased an echo dot (my first echo device).

Whenever I go into the alexa app: settings -> devices -> my echo dot, I always get the error message "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." before the settings eventually come up.

The alexa customer support were pretty useless (to be honest I don't think he really even understood what the fault is). Does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of this?

Thanks in advance!

johnn

Re: New echo dot - error message when accessing settings -> devices
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:51:33 am »
Hi,
       just to let you know you're not alone, I also got a new Echo Dot this week and have exactly the same problem.

Did you by any chance set up the Sonos skill on your app/device? I set it up and removed it and the Sonos devices but the problem is still there just with the Echo Dot device, it also occured on the Sonos devices when they were set up. I don't know whether the issue was there before I set up the Sonos skill.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 08:45:57 pm »

The alexa customer support were pretty useless
You are still under warranty.  Either return the DOT to get your $$$ back or call CS to send you another DOT which they should have offered to do in the first place.

Resonance

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 01:21:35 pm »

Whenever I go into the alexa app: settings -> devices -> my echo dot, I always get the error message "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." before the settings eventually come up.

The alexa customer support were pretty useless (to be honest I don't think he really even understood what the fault is). Does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of this?

Thanks in advance!

You're not using a Samsung Galaxy S7 by any chance are you?

I get the exact same problem using the S7, but no such problem on another Android phone or tablet.

StevenR

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 03:30:38 pm »
I am getting exactly the same in the Android app running on my Moto G4 Plus. It doesn't actually seem to cause any problems as far as I can see.